Language tests and scores accepted for proof of English proficiency for the applicants of Artificial Intelligence for Sustainable Societies
Only applicants who have completed their previous levels of education or their previous studies fully in English in the United States, Canada, the Commonwealth of Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Switzerland or the EU/EEA countries (attested proof from the previous educational institution required), will be exempted from submitting an international language test as a proof of their English proficiency.
The certificates acknowledged for demonstration of English Language will be expanded to:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Academic or IELTS Online: 6,5 or above (with a minimum of 5,5 in each component). A copy of the IELTS Test Report Form is accepted as it will be verified online by Tallinn University.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign language) internet based (TOEFL iBT® Test): 92 or above (with no section below 20). The test result has to be sent directly to Tallinn University, by the test center. It is also possible to order the test results to be sent to Tallinn University online (Tallinn University Code number is: 0449).
- B2 First (First Certificate in English): 169)
- C1 Advanced (Certificate in Advanced English): 169 (with a minimum of 169 in each component)
- C2 Proficiency (Certificate of Proficiency in English): 169 (with a minimum of 169 in each component)
Candidates presenting Cambridge English tests should make their results available in the online system for Tallinn University to be verified.
- PTE academic (Pearson test of English): 62 (with a minimum of 59 in each component ). Test result has to be sent to Tallinn university through the secure PTE portal.
- International Baccalaureate with ENGLISH B Level HL at least grade 6 and ENGLISH A Level with at least grade 5
Students coming from Finland do not have to prove their language proficiency for B2 level if they have at least magna cum laude approbatur in their matriculation certificate.
Students coming from Latvia do not have to prove their language proficiency for B2 level if the result of their Latvian Secondary Education State Exam in English is at least grade “A” or “B” or corresponds to B2 English proficiency level.*
Students coming from Lithuania do not have to prove their language proficiency for B2 level if the result of their Lithuanian Secondary Education State Exam in English is at least 70 points.*
* The exam must be taken less than 10 years ago.